Texas Arrival

3.11.2009 | |

So we arrived in Texas on August 1st, which was pretty much the hottest part of the summer. I'm not sure if it was the heat, the apartment, or our general surroundings but we altogether underestimated how hard it would be to complete the relocation process. After 6 months here I think we are finally starting to settle in.

Summer16

Our first weekend here we headed off to Houston to visit the Menil Collection which is in the lovely and charming Montrose area of Houston.

Summer17

DSCN1261

Summer18

Summer21

DSCN1251

Summer19

Summer20

DSCN1248

Rilke turned 1 just weeks after arriving in Texas!
Summer22

On August 16th we celebrated Rilke's first birthday. Rilke was totally uninterested in the cake or opening presents but Harper totally embraced the idea of making her a cake and helping her eat it.

Summer23

Here we are making a little trip to the bookstore so Rilke could play with the trains and pick out a book. I think she ended up picking That's Not My Dinosaur and That's Not My Truck. Oma had recently given us a book called That's Not My Tracter which was a big hit.

0 comments:

Blog Archive